Friday, August 29, 2008

Designer Skin Revealed!


$65.00 Retail

If you've read my previous blog, you know I recently purchased N.V. Perricone MD products at an unbelievable steal! The first product that I have been test driving is the above pictured Active Tinted Moisturizer. I bought this product in the number 1 - Light and 3 - Dark. Since I am usually lightest 9 months out of the year, I decided to get the two shades to custom make my own shade as my Summer skin continuously fades to my usual pastiness. After going about my normal skin care routine, I applied this product using the MAC 190 Foundation Brush. The product goes on smooth and isn't sticky so it doesn't pull at my skin. It blends very well and before I know it my skin has a nice natural glow to it. I then set it with bareMinerals Tinted Mineral Veil and that's it! My skin looks flawless and healthy. Before this Tinted Moisturizer, I used... 


$28.00 retail

In comparison I already think I like Perricone's brand better.  My skin feels smooth and clean all day. With Benefit, I can feel the presence of the product as it is a tad stickier. You Rebel also has a slight powdery/floral scent, which is not too overwhelming but noticeable still. Perricone had no fragrance I could detect.
  

With the above test swatches I gave them a good rubdown then let them sit as I typed away. I came back to it a few minutes later, sniffed and touched. I found that I could still smell and feel Benefit's You Rebel while Perricone left no tracks indicating it was ever there. Also, you can see that You Rebel is tons darker than Perricone's darkest shade and a bit more orange. Me no likey. Benefit does have one lighter color option...


$30.00 retail

But I think I will continue with Perricone before I test the YRL. Well, this is just my crazy little tinted moisturizer experiment. The only way you know which one is right for you (may not even be these two brands!) is to conduct your own! So get to chopping!

No comments: