Wednesday, February 29, 2012

reboot!

I love this time of year...any time seasons change is the perfect opportunity (or excuse) to save tons of cash and to stock up for next year.

Right now, Marshall's is having their final clearance event. What's the difference? The difference is instead of 50% off already reduced prices, the percentage off can be upwards of 75-95%! You can spot these items better with the yellow tags as opposed to the normal red clearance tags. And, if you dig and have patience, you can score some awesome finds!

Usually, it is more advisable to stock up on items that are not trendy and that are considered to be staples, basics, or classics or have the potential to last a couple years before becoming outdated and placed on the dreaded "not" list.

For example, when I spotted these sleek leather booties at Marshall's. I knew that they hit all three criteria spot on.


Steve Madden Bexli Bootie in Black
$39.00 at Marshall's vs. $59.99 online sale vs. $149.95 Retail

Given the height, I was afraid they'd be brutal on my piggies but surprisingly they are super comfy and easy to walk in. I have treacherous stairs and decrepit black top at work and I have walked through these threats unharmed. I want to say they are much taller than my two L.A.M.B booties but hurt so much less. So not only did I score a heck of a deal, but these lovelies are also comfy and classic. points for me!

I think I've mentioned before how much I adore free people, but aren't too fond of their retail prices. I am always thrilled to find drastically reduced free people garments, here is my latest...

The Cord Skinny Military Pant in Army Green - Pants by Free People

free people The Cord Skinny Military Pant in Army Green
$7.00 at Marshall's vs. $98.00 Retail

Among these two items, I also found a 100% silk sheer blouse by Nine West for $5.00 and two huge, bulky sweaters (mac&jac for $10.00 and a no name one for $7.00) for the remaining cold days and to save for next year.

I had tons others piled on my arms; Cynthia Rowley Sweater Dresses for $5.00, Premise Sweater dresses for $5.00. I was contemplating buying everything, but couldn't justify the need for 8 sweater dresses, despite the deeply discounted price! All in all, it was a successful shopping trip! Go get your deals!

No comments: