Monday, September 8, 2008

[Costco] Smashbox Product Review & Mugshot!






This is a "Mugshot" I have been meaning to post. I did this look using the Smashbox products I purchased from Costco a way while back. The palette Smashbox put together is a very neutral fool proof color scheme and would look beguiling on any skin tone. The shadows are as soft as cashmere and applied very easily. The glosses also applied very easily and with the added conditioners, they felt more like a tinted lip balm. My lips weren't sticky at all. The Layer Lash Primer is not like most lash primers that dry brittle. It felt more like a conditioner or gel for my lashes. The formula didn't interfere with the chemistry of the mascara either. It may be my imagination but I think it also helped my lashes achieve a natural lift and curl. I didn't use the Skin Tint - Radiance in this look, but I have used it and the results were very similar to Belightful. It gave me more of a natural sheen, rather than cheeks resembling Christmas ornaments! With the twist up packaging, application was a cinch! I haven't opened the mascara yet, but I will be sure to try it out as soon as I need a new mascara and I reviewed the Photofinish here. If you have any questions related to the item(s) in this post or would like more photos or a more detailed review, my email is linked on my profile...feel free!

Make Up ARTillery:

Face: 

Eyes:  
MAC Liner Eye Pencil in Coffee on both lash lines
MAC Shadestick in Beige-ing as base all over lid
Smashbox E/S in Minx on lid and lower lash line
Smashbox E/S in Rapture in crease and lower lash line
Smashbox E/S in Champagne on Brow Bone
Smashbox Layer Lash Primer

Lips:  

Tools:  
MAC Foundation Brush 190 to apply moisturizer
MAC Eye Shading Brush 239 to apply e/s to lid
MAC Tapered Blending Brush 222 to apply e/s to crease
MAC Tapered Blending Brush 224 to apply e/s to brow bone
MAC Blending Brush 217 to blend out harsh lines
MB York #3 Angle Brush to smudge liner and apply brows

No comments: