Saturday, March 13, 2010

project 10 pan

When I was unwrapping my new cosmetic items and trying (unsuccessfully) to find a nice home for them, I realized I seriously need to purge some make-up items. Now, purging is not a new concept to me. I have done this before with items I know I don't touch often, if at all, and have gotten myself down to bare bones (in my opinion) of my make-up collection. Pretty much everything left is MAC save for the few face items that my face will just not agree with using MAC. Yet still, STILL, I have too much!!

Enter Project 10 Pan. What is Project 10 Pan? Well it's an idea created by another make-up blogger/youtuber, Lollipop26. Basically what you do is you choose 10 items in your current stash and use it all up before you're allowed to purchase a new item. It's kind of like rediscovering your old favorites while saving money at the same time.

So I am going to start this Project 10 Pan... with a slight twist. Since some of the items I have chosen are relatively old, I mean old to the point where I should maybe just throw it out, I am going to start throwing something away with every pan I hit. So here's my first stash...



It's a few more than 10 products, but since the pan is already peeking in some of them items, I didn't want to feel like I was cheating. Again, there is nothing wrong with these items. They were and are still some of my very favorites but for the obvious reason that I have too much to choose from, I sometimes neglect them. Here they are in the order they appear on the image...
  1. Stila Lip Glaze in Creme Bouquet
  2. Smashbox Lipgloss in 35mm
  3. Bonne Bell Lip Definer in Spice
  4. Trucco Lipstick in Ingenue
  5. Lancome Juicy Tubes in No Reserve
  6. NYX Sheer Gloss in Nude
  7. Stila Lip Gloss in ???A51?? (shimmery pink)
  8. MAC Shadestick in Taupographic
  9. MAC Shadestick in Pink Couture
  10. MAC e/s in Satin Taupe
  11. MAC e/s in Phloof!
  12. MAC e/s in Jest
  13. MAC Warm Eye Palette: Pasheema, Retrospeck, Bitter, Sable, Cranberry, Mover Shaker
  14. NARS Orgasm
Honestly, these items have to be the oldest items in my stash and probably the most I had when I first started with make-up. I am thinking the lip stuff may be just done in general, but I don't have the heart to toss them without giving them a few more chances to wow me. So there it is, the supply I will be using for the next few weeks until each and every container is empty. We'll see how this goes and if I will crack and use something outside the stash. Anyone else willing to take on this challenge? And I am being realistic, this will be a challenge!

p.s. that bright neon green in the palette? yeah, that's just gonna get tossed.

No comments: