Friday, September 5, 2008

Too Faced Product Review & Mugshot!



During my latest Retail Therapy slash Wallet Assault Session I purchased this adorable palette from Too Faced, The New Romantic Make-Up Collection – Unicorn. At first glance I swore the three eyeshadows were dupes of MACs Club, Twinks, and Ricepaper. Boy, was I wrong! The color payoff is no where close to the vibrancy that MAC is known for. The shadow consistency is also more coarse and powdery, which equates to fall out avalanche! ARGH! The colors are so sheer it was hard to bring out the same color in the pan, even with MACs Shadestick applied as a base. I essentially applied my make up as I would normally but with these shadows, I kept packing and packing and still the product wouldn't play nice and layer for me. Now I know I have a light hand with make up application, but I was really trying with this stuff! The outcome could probably only pass for a casual day or a light office look. Dramatic is not this palette’s virtue! Perhaps why so much hype around their Shadow Insurance Primer! Hmm… I smell a conspiracy! Not really, but thought I'd just plant that lil seed! ;P All other products in the palette were also very sheer. I haven’t been a big fan of Too Faced, but thought I’d stop being so brand pretentious and give it another shot, but alas, they have failed to woo me yet again. The glosses smell absolutely delish though! I would recommend this product to make up beginners, tweens, teens, or those who just prefer a lighter make up look. Lauren at CaliforniaCosmetics agrees, check out her review here. It looks gorgeous despite! Thanks Lauren!

Here’s the look I did with this palette:


Make Up ARTillery:

Face:  
Too Faced Cupid Pink Blush

Eyes:  
MAC Brow Shader in Soft Charcoal on brows
MAC Eye Liner in Coffee on both lash lines
MAC Shadestick in Beige-ing as base all over lid
Too Faced E/S in Cinnamon Cocoa on lid
Too Faced E/S in Mossy Brown in crease and lower lash line 
Too Faced E/S in Peach Fairy Wine on Brow Bone
L’Oreal Volume Shocking Step 1 – Lash Primer

Lips:  
Too Faced Apricot Sunset Lip Gloss

Tools:  
MAC Foundation Brush 190 to apply moisturizer
MAC Kabuki 185 to apply mineral veil (Limited Edition/Discontinued)
MAC Duo Fibre Brush 187 to apply blush
MAC Eye Shading Brush 239 to apply e/s to lid
MAC Tapered Blending Brush 222 to apply e/s to crease
MAC Tapered Blending Brush 224 to apply e/s to brow bone
MAC Blending Brush 217 to blend out harsh lines

No comments: