Saturday, September 6, 2008

Smashbox Product Review & Mugshot!


Here's the other offspring from my latest retail chopfest on Wednesday. I had quadruplets by my second brand obsession, Smashbox. Of the colors available I got; Midnight Black, Credit, Take II, and Etch. I know, why so boring?! Well I am just not a “bright girl”. I just don’t do the bold colors because, honestly, I have no where to go where it would look appropriate. My looks are mostly Human Resources approved in a corporate world or appeals to those who have a lighter touch to their make up application. Smashbox shadows are neck and neck with MAC shadows.  They are very long lasting and blend very well. However, their color payoff is not as vibrant and bold as MAC. The Smashbox shadows achieve a much more soft focus look. Today I am wearing everything but Etch.  

Here’s the look I did:


Make Up ARTillery:

Face:  
Take II as Blush (Forgot to pack one!)

Eyes:  
MAC Brow Shader in Soft Charcoal on brows
MAC Eye Kohl Liner in Smolder on both lash lines
MAC Paint Pot in Fresco Rose as base all over lid
Smashbox E/S in Take II on lid and lower lash line
Smashbox E/S in Midnight Black in crease and lower lash line
Smashbox E/S in Credit on Brow Bone
Smashbox Layer Lash Primer
MAC Zoomlash in Zoom Black

Lips:  

Tools:  
MAC Foundation Brush 190 to apply moisturizer
MAC Kabuki 185 to apply mineral veil (Limited Edition/Discontinued)
MAC Duo Fibre Brush 187 to apply blush
MAC Eye Shading Brush 239 to apply e/s to lid
MAC Tapered Blending Brush 222 to apply e/s to crease
MAC Tapered Blending Brush 224 to apply e/s to brow bone
MAC Blending Brush 217 to blend out harsh lines

No comments: