Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Softer Feet w/ Only 2 Products! Pinky Promise!

Ok, so this is something that is embarassing to admit but I have to do it for the sake of passing on vital skin care information. Please don't judge me! ;p I am doing this for you! Here goes...

I have disgusting heels. There. I said it. My heels are ALWAYS built up with nasty, dried callused skin because; a. I LOVE LOVE to walk around barefoot in house or outdoor. b. I also LOVE LOVE to wear flip flops year round. and c. I hardly ever wear socks. I am also a lazy moisturizer. I have a bad habit of procrastinating to moisturize my skin until its completely noticeable that my skin has been neglected and is absolutely parched! My husband openly agrees that my feet are not too lady like. His number one reason on not giving me a foot rub. HA! That being said, I have tried the whole pedicure thing but I can't afford nor can I justify paying $20.00+ a pop every two weeks for someone else to do something I am totally capable of doing. There was one hitch though; I could never find a product that gave the same salon quality results. That all changed when I, by chance, found and decided to try out the two following products:




$5.95 Retail



$10.99 Retail


I stumbled upon these two items during one of my midnight drugstore binges. You know what I'm talking about. When you can't sleep or are bored stiff enough to find solace at a local CVS or Walgreens. Preferably the 24 hour ones! This particular night I wanted to find the miracle product for achieving soft feet! So I read all the labels and checked out all the horrid photos then decided to give the above two a shot. They were also on sale! I have tried both products and I have to say that I think I may have found the elusive holy grail for DIY Pedis! I promise you, these two products are all you need!

As for Callus Away!, in my own experience, I will have to say that this product is tons better than using a pumice stone alone. One piece of warning, please be sure to follow the enclosed directions to the T. The first time I used it, I must have not thoroughly washed off all of the product. With just the residue still on, it kept working. Needless to say, the results weren't too great. I was gun shy for a while, but alas, my feet started to get gross again. So this time, I sat in the bath tub, applied the product... as instructed, waited the suggested 3-5 minutes, then started the rub down. I didn't use the included emery board as it was too flimsy for the task and subbed it with a pumice stone. The idea is to see your dead skin (aka the callus) slough off like eraser bits. Gross, I know, but that's when you know it's working. Once you are done, wash your feet and hands as thorough as possible. I cannot stress that enough. I used a stiff pedi-brush and some soap. Afterward I applied lotion, but if your feet are as crusted as mine I highly recommend the next product...

"Flexitol Heel Balm is a market leader in foot skin care in many countries including Australia, New Zealand, UK, USA and Canada. Its unique formula contains 25% chemically synthesized Urea in a highly concentrated, moisturizing and emollient base to soften dry, cracked heels and feet. The combination of emollient ingredients actively replenishes moisture deep below the surface of the skin, promoting a visibly healthier skin in just three days application." - http://www.flexitol.com/. I apply this product immediately after the Callus Away! or a normal shower session when my feet are still soft. This formula is very thick and has the consistency of warm caramel so I use it mainly at night then wear socks to lock in the moisture. Otherwise, you'll get it all over your floor/carpet as well as sticking whatever may be on your floor to your feet. Using this product alone I had super duper soft feet within a couple days. It was amazing! Even my husband was impressed. Combined with using Callus Away!, my feet have never been so soft!

Before you ask, I will not provide any B&A photos! It's too gross! So if you're going to try it out, you have to remember to follow the instructions carefully and definitely spot check for allergies before hand!

No comments: